Pistachio Encrusted Tofu
- 1 package of firm tofu
- 2 TBSP veganaise or other vegan mayonnaise
- 2 TBSP dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP soy sauce or tamari
- ½ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup vegan breadcrumbs
- pepper and a little salt.
- Cut Tofu into triangles, set on papertowels and drain
- Combine Veganaise with dijon mustard and soy sauce or tamari.
- Coat tofu with this mixture (I dump it all in a baggie)
- Chop pistachios, add vegan breadcrumbs, pepper and a little salt.
- Coat the tofu in the nut/crumbs and lay on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees until lightly browned.
- One of the hard parts is finding vegan bread crumbs since most have whey in them. the other is dealing with the messy mustard mixture but it's necessary.