Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup white sugar sugar used twice in this recipe
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. In a small bowl, mix together 1/3 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon; set aside
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and remaining 1 cup sugar. Combine egg, milk and oil; add to flour mixture. Stir until just moistened
- Pour half of the batter into the pan. Sprinkle with half the reserved cinnamon/sugar mixture. repeat with remaining batter and cinnamon/sugar mixture. Draw a knife through bater to marble.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Wrap in foil and let sit overnight before slicing.