Hot Clam Dip
Passed down from my mom
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 cans minced clams
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 onion chopped fine
- 1 clove of garlic chopped fine
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. parsley
- ¾ tsp. crushed red pepper to taste, 1/4 chopped green pepper.
- Simmer 1 tsp. lemon juice and 2 cans of minced clams for 15 min. Melt butter.
- Saute: onion, clove of garlic, oregano, parsley, crushed red pepper (to taste), green pepper.
- Put all ingredients together in a casserole dish (will be watery). Mix together with 1/2 cup bread crumbs. Put grated cheddar cheese on top. Sprinkle a little paprika on top.
- Bake in uncovered dish for about 20 minutes. A shallow dish is better.
- You can freeze before or after, to be used later. Serve with crackers or in clam shells.
A double recipe will fill a large casserole dish. Use a smaller dish for a single recipe.