Minted Pea Puree
Fun easy snack or appetizer. Great for warmer months!
- 3 cups frozen green peas thawed
- 1 cup mint leaves tightly packed
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves tightly packed
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 baguette sliced and toasted
- Parmesan shavings
- Balsamic vineger
- Put one third of the peas into a food processor with the mint, parsley, olive oil and lemon juice
- Puree to a paste. Then turn out into a bowl and combine with remaining whole peas, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the pea mixture on just-toasted rounds, garnish wiht cheese, a drizzle of balsamic or both. Eat immediately.