- ½ lb unsalted butter melted
- 4 eggs up to 6 if desired
- 3 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup cream of wheat 2.5-5 min cook type
- 2 ½ cups water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter, eggs and 1 cup sugar with an egg beater.
- Mix flour, baking powder and cream of wheat together. Add to wet ingredients.
- Bake for 30-45 mins, or until golden brown in an ungreased 8 x 11.5 in baking dish.
- While cake is baking, combine 2 cups sugar, water and vanilla in a saucepan.
- Boil together over medium heat. Cool syrup before pouring over hot cake.
- Optional: Spring with chopped walnuts. Before pouring syrup, cut the cake into diamond shaped pieces.